Monday, February 21, 2011

So close I can taste it!

That might not be the best metaphor considering that I'm talking about weight loss! But now that I'm just 3 lbs away from where I was when I had Nathan, and only 4.2 lbs away from my 10% goal, this is getting "real" for me. I've never lost this sort of weight in just 7 weeks, so it's HUGE for me. It's been a long time since I've even stuck with a healthy lifestyle change for more than a few weeks. Normally I would get discouraged after a couple of weeks and throw in the towel. Or I would get bored with eating the same things, and feeling like I was completely depriving myself of everything I love to eat.

Now I've learned (with the help of Weight Watchers) that I CAN eat the things I love - as long as I eat it in moderation and plans lots of other healthy meals that I enjoy eating. The crazy thing is that now I don't really want the things I thought I had to have, like Big Macs and tons of candy. The fun size Hershey's is just the right taste for me, and doesn't wreck my weight loss.

To treat myself, I ordered some new clothes tonight. I got most things in a smaller size, so I'll have something to wear as the pounds keep falling away. I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment