Sunday, October 9, 2011

I've said I don't think I would ever run a marathon...

But that comment is now going out the window.

I was lucky enough to have the chance to see part of the Chicago Marathon, and served as a volunteer for Team Ronald McDonald House Charities. I could tell every runner that came down our red carpet was completely and utterly exhausted, but every single one of them had a huge smile on their faces. To accomplish a feat like a marathon has to be such an amazing experience. And to be able to raise thousands of dollars for a charity at the same time makes it even sweeter.

So this time next year, I will hopefully be blogging about finishing my first Marathon. I know it will be worth the incredibly sore muscles that will come along with the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment