Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reaching goal - a sweet place to be!

Last Saturday I headed into my Weight Watchers for my usual morning meeting. I was sitting at 136.6, which was 1.6 lbs away from my goal. Considering how the last few weeks had been tiny losses, tiny gains, and back again I really wasn't expecting much. I was just hoping to keep the trend of losing (even just a little something) going. I stepped on the scale, and hoped for the best. Imagine my shock when she told me I was down 3.6 lbs! That was so much better than I had hoped for!!!!

It felt wonderful to get the "Goal" star to add to my key chain. I love my group on Saturday mornings, and my leader Laura is incredible. I never imagined how walking into that first meeting was going to change my life so much, in so many ways.

It's not just the weight I've lost - it's the confidence I've gained, the energy that has come back, and the amazing people I've gotten to know along the way. Some were already in my life before this, but thanks to new interests for me I feel like a whole new world has opened up to me.

Thank you to all of those that read this, for all your words of support coming from many different places. I know I'm the only one who could have made the decision to start this journey, but there is no way I would have been able to do it without all those around me.

The journey doesn't stop here....it's only just beginning....

No comments:

Post a Comment