Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Joy of Running

This week marked the 10th session of the Walk2Run group, and it was our final meeting. I've progressed from running for two minutes at a time to running 30 minutes, and then some. I can actually carry on a conversation, which is great since I've made some great friends through this group. Kristin and Jen kept me going, and I enjoyed seeing them each week. I'm actually kind of sad it's over!

Tonight was our "graduation" 5K - Run for the Athletes, in Aurora at the beautiful Blackberry Farm. A little bit more humid than I like, but it was a lot of fun. I finished in under 40 minutes...not breaking any land-speed records, but as long as I finish I'm good to go.

I went ahead and signed up for the next session of Walk2Run. I'd love to be able to increase my endurance, and kick up the pace a bit. Plus I'll be training for a 10K in Sycamore at the end of October, so this will keep me moving. After that it'll be the Hot Chocolate 5K....hey, who doesn't want to run for chocolate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment