Sunday, May 1, 2016

And so it begins...again

So it's about that time to start marathon training for the fourth year in a row. It's so hard to believe we're already into May! When I decided back in January (oh, who are we kidding?...I decided about 10 minutes after finishing last year) to run the Chicago Marathon, it seemed like it was soooooo far away. But after a less than stellar few months of running, it's come flying back at me, and pretty much smacked me in the face. 

The positive note is that I really haven't been dealing with any injuries this year. Fortunately I've been able to keep running, but it hasn't been that consistent. Sure, I've run almost every weekend, but my midweek runs have been pretty much non-existent. Most days during the week I'm not getting home until close to 7:00, and I've only been able to run in the mornings a couple of times. But with school wrapping up soon I should have a bit more flexibility. 

In the meantime I've got to get back to cross training. It definitely has helped, so I need to make it a priority on my non-running days. And the healthy eating is getting back on track right now - lots of fruits, veggies, and healthy protein are now fully stocked! After all, swimsuit season is just around the corner - and I've got a loooong way to go to get back to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment