Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ahhhhh - it was actually over 25 degrees finally!!! The sunrise was beautiful this morning, and I relished the fact that I didn't have to bundle up as I have for the last several days. Of course, it did have to snow a bit....you know, to let us know it's still winter.

The great thing about the snow - it provided somewhat of a cover for the ice on the roads in my neighborhood. So I decided to bundle up, lace up, strap on the Yak Trax (which I just discovered are broken....boo!), and get outside for a couple of miles. It went so much faster than I expected, and before I knew it I was done. It felt great to get some fresh air, even if it was still a little dicey. And I needed the stress relief after riding in the passenger seat with my newly-permitted driver...oy, that was a LONG three minute drive! Actually he's a good driver, and I'm glad he's learning how to drive in the bad weather when I'm with him.

This week has actually gone very well, at least in the healthy habit area. I've tracked all week, have taken my (healthy) lunches and snacks to work just about every day this month, and I've worked out the last three days in a row. Tomorrow I'm planning to do the Shred or yoga, and hope to run Saturday morning. We're expecting another snowstorm, so we'll see if I can get out of my driveway!

2 comments: