Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Did I seriously just do that???

Earlier this evening, I signed myself up for my first Half Marathon - and then promptly had a mini panic attack! If anyone had told me a year ago that I would be doing this, I would have laughed in their faces. I couldn't even run 500 feet, much less 13.1 miles. And, even if I did walk most of it, it would have taken me half a day to cross the finish line. I would be the person that the cops follow to a)let everyone along the route know that I was the end and b)make sure I didn't die.

But now I've paid my registration fee, so there's no going back. I'll run this race, and even if I have to be dragged across the finish line I WILL finish. Luckily now that I'm running faster than I did a year ago, I hopefully won't be the last one to cross the finish. I've printed out a training program to follow, and plan to kick it off this weekend. I've got a few races to run in between now and May 6, and I am looking forward to seeing a big improvement over last year's times. Now if only the weather would get and stay warm for the next 4 months...

1 comment: