Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011 - Hello 2012!

I can't believe how quickly 2011 flew by! As I get ready to ring in the New Year with my family, I'm looking back at all of the memories I made this year. I started off 2011 by joining Weight Watchers on 1/10/11, and kicked off my Couch to 5K training on 1/14/11. Honestly, I had no idea where those both would lead me. I really wanted to stick with both things, but my similar past pursuits had never turned out very well for me. I'd start out strong, but it never lasted more than a couple of months.

My family, friends and Weight Watchers group and leader made all the difference this year for me. I could turn to pretty much anyone for phenomenal support - both when things weren't going well, and when I had something to celebrate. I saw the weight come off, my energy level increase, and my outlook on everything improved. I finally WANTED to be around people again! I loved all of the new people I met through running. It's amazing how our paths keep crossing, even outside of running.

A year ago I never would have willingly woken up early on a Saturday morning to a) run with friends and b) make it to a Weight Watchers meeting. Heck - I planned both things AROUND each other! I'd find myself saying "Hey, I'd love to run with you, but can we meet earlier so I can make it to my meeting?".

This year I raced in a 1 miler on Memorial Day, 8 5Ks, a 4 miler on Thanksgiving Day, the Shamrock Shuffle 8K, and the Sycamore Pumpkin Run 10K in October. I loved getting together on Monday nights with the Walk2Run program through Dick Pond STC, and sharing running with my boys while they took part in the Fox Valley Marathon Kids Marathon. I am so proud of what they accomplished!

Now, with 2012 coming up, I'm working on setting goals for myself for this new year. I reached my weight loss goal in mid-October, and became a Lifetime Weight Watchers member on 11/26/11. I still plan on being a part of my Saturday morning group. This year I also plan to complete a Half Marathon, a 20 miler with Fox Valley Marathon, and the Chicago Marathon. Part of me is completely freaking out about all of that, but I know I'll have amazing people helping me through all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment